'So to have a person by your side that you love and can comfortably and mutually and reciprocally talk about tennis in our case, I think it's a breath of fresh air.'
TT ace Sharath Kamal eyes administrative role while charting 'roadmap' ahead
'We are notifying ticket holders, players and staff that there will be no fans onsite at the AO for five days'.
The Pole said she wanted to do better this time and felt the pressure.
Jannik Sinner overpowered American Taylor Fritz in the final to become the first Italian man to win the US Open singles title.
Top seed Simona Halep came back from 4-1 down in the deciding set to beat Elina Svitolina 6-3 3-6 6-4 in the Qatar Open semi-final on Friday, marking her first victory over the Ukrainian in nearly two years.
French Open and Wimbledon champion Alcaraz, who won both of his previous meetings with Sinner this year, recovered from a slow start to wrap up victory in three hours, 21 minutes and improve his head-to-head record with the Italian to 6-4.
A US Open full of upsets and hungry, young contenders offered the latest sign that men's tennis has entered a new era
Rafael Nadal and Carlos Alcaraz tempered expectations for Spain's dream team on Wednesday as they looked ahead to playing together in the Paris Olympics.
The ATP and WTA have extended the suspension of their tours until June 7, the two tennis bodies said in a joint statement on Wednesday, as the coronavirus pandemic continued to shred the sporting calendar. The claycourt season "will not be held as scheduled" due to the suspension, the organising bodies of the men's and women's tours said. The men's ATP and women's WTA rankings will be frozen for the time.
Most of the estimated 70 million euros net earnings from the claycourt Grand Slam tournament are spent on helping French tennis.
'The governing bodies, especially Grand Slams, need to allocate enough funds to support lower-ranked players, low-level tournaments, futures, challengers and I believe there is enough funds for those too.'
Images from the US Open women's singles second round matches, at Flushing Meadows, New York, on Thursday.
'In order to resume, I think the Tour is going to be open when the world is completely open, and everybody can travel freely'
Here is a quick glance of all the highs and lows from Nadal's stupendous career:
Top players get better treatment at Wimbledon, says Cornet
Earlier in the day, Croatia's Borna Coric said he has tested positive for coronavirus. He became the second player to test positive for COVID-19 after Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov.
Images from the US Open men's singles first round matches, at Flushing Meadows, New York, on Tuesday.
Manika Batra could not be more thrilled about bossing the World No. 2 from China earlier this week but to beat the top-10 players more often, the Indian table tennis trailblazer knows she needs to do more on the tactical and fitness front.
Frances Tiafoe will be unable to compete for the Washington Kastles in the 2020 World TeamTennis season after testing positive for COVID-19 during the advance travel testing window, tournament chief Carlos Silva said on Monday. Tiafoe, 22, returned a positive test on Friday and was forced to withdraw from the All-American Team Cup exhibition tournament in Atlanta.
Roger Federer's proposal to merge the tours gets thumbs up from top players.
Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai, whose whereabouts have been a matter of international concern for weeks, attended a tennis tournament in Beijing on Sunday.
Jevans also announced that wheelchair competitions would have a prize pot of one million pounds to reflect their growing popularity, with singles and doubles draws expanding to 16 players and eight teams.
Carlos Alcaraz beat Novak Djokovic in the Wimbledon final to win his fourth Grand Slam title.
The decision to lift the ban was met with protest from Ukraine, whose Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said it was "immoral" and urged Britain to deny Russian and Belarusian players visas.
Images from the US Open women's singles third round matches, at Flushing Meadows, New York, on Friday.
Aryna Sabalenka claimed her third Grand Slam title after winning the Australian Open twice.
Former world number one Andy Murray said on Wednesday tennis will be one of the last sports to return to action after the world has recovered from the pandemic and Jabeur expects the Tours to restart in September.
Fritz delivers as US win inaugural United Cup crown
Italians Sara Errani and Andrea Vavassori scored a 7-6(0), 7-5 victory on Thursday to win the mixed doubles title at the US Open and end unseeded all-American pair Taylor Townsend and Donald Young's storybook run.
The timing of professional tennis's return will reveal whether the tours and federations are more interested in making money or looking after the health of players, Australia's John Millman said. The professional game has been suspended since March because of the COVID-19 pandemic and the International Tennis Federation, WTA and ATP have put back plans for a resumption until August at the earliest.
Canadian tennis player Eugenie Bouchard has filed a case against the United States Tennis Association (USTA) for their negligence.
In his pre-tournament news conference in Toronto on Sunday, Nadal said a recurring foot issue he has been dealing with since 2005 returned at the French Open, where he fell to eventual champion Djokovic in the semi-finals.
Emotions welled up inside Saurashish Lahiri when Akash Deep, the latest Bengal speed merchant to enter Indian dressing room, rang him up.
Zverev and Rublev among dark horses for French Open
Tennis Australia chief Steve Healy has labelled Bernard Tomic disrespectful and said Nick Kyrgios was picking unnecessary fights with Olympic officials as the debate over who should represent the country at the Rio Games continued on Wednesday.
Reuters reported earlier this week that the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has sent a warning notice to the companies expressing concern that the merged entity will effectively have a monopoly on cricket broadcast rights worth billions of dollars, allowing it to squeeze advertisers.
Veteran Achanta Sharath Kamal made a shock exit from the Paris Olympics men's singles competition.
'So I'm just going to try to enjoy myself. To be back on the court right now is really just a privilege without thinking about any results or any goals or focused on numbers or anything else'
Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai said on Sunday that she had never accused anyone of sexually assaulting her, and that a social media post she had made early last month had been misunderstood.